The Province of Alberta has asked for the immediate cancellation of events of more than 15 people and all public recreation facilities, private entertainment facilities, bars and nightclubs are closed. For all gatherings, attendees must space themselves at least two metres apart at all times.
- This event has passed.
Dynamic Environment Opening Weekend Programs
September 26, 2019 - September 28, 2019Free
Join Contemporary Calgary for a jam-packed opening weekend of special programs for the new exhibition Dynamic Environment. From Thursday, Sept. 26 to Saturday, Sept. 28 there will be an opening reception, a series of talks, live artwork completion, guided tours, performances and more. The exhibition is the culmination of work by artists Steve Gurysh, Tim Knowles, Becky Shaw, Peter Von Tiesenhausen and Stokley Towles for the WATERSHED+ Dynamic Environment Lab.
- Thursday, September 26: Panel Discussion and Opening Reception, 5 p.m. at Contemporary Calgary
- Friday, September 27: Steve Gurysh, Parts Per Trillion (pictured) live artwork completion, 9.a.m. at Edworthy Park
- Friday, September 27: Tim Knowles, Flow Paths artist talk, 1 p.m. at Contemporary Calgary
- Friday, September 27: Stokley Towles, Surfing Underground performance and talk, 6 p.m. at Contemporary Calgary
- Saturday, September 28: Becky Shaw, How Deep is Your Love? guided tour and performance, 10.am. and 1 p.m. departing from Contemporary Calgary
To submit an event for consideration in our calendar, email avenueevents[at]redpointmedia.ca with the details including dates, times and ticketing as well as a description of your event or link to more information. Please also include a photograph or illustration with no logos or words.
Events in our calendar are selected by our editorial team and the information included is at our discretion. Not all events submitted will be included in our calendar.