Where it is
2413 Cliff St. S.W.
The community of Cliff Bungalow was originally part of the Canadian Pacific Railway’s landholdings from 1882. The neighbourhood, along with nearby Mission, became part of the City of Calgary in 1907. Between 1909 and 1912, Cliff Bungalow and Mission experienced a building boom. This home was built at the tail-end, in 1912.
What to love
This house has been fully renovated. It has stainless steel appliances, steam shower, in-floor heating, fully finished basement and landscaped yard, but still has many of its original turn of the century finishings. The original radiators have been sandblasted and fully restored, the main floor has striking coffered ceilings, there are patterned stained oak hardwood floors and two brick fireplaces. The huge 0.24-acre private lot has a stone patio, hot tub and double car garage.
What to consider
Cliff Bungalow is a busy inner-city neighbourhood with lots of foot traffic. But 2413 is surprisingly private, thanks to being tucked behind a fence high up on its Cliff Street lot.
2,288 square feet, not including a fully finished basement
Double car heated garage
It’s listed for $1,850,000 with realtor Emma Grace May.
An office, with an original fireplace, sits directly off the large front porch and entryway.
The two-toned oak hardwood floors are a combination of paint and stain.
The home has original radiators including this one in the formal dining room.
The country-style kitchen has marble countertops and a gas range.
There’s a built-in breakfast nook.
The sunroom looks out onto the city skyline and is fully-heated.
There are four bedrooms upstairs.
The landscaped backyard has a hot tub.