It’s not often that a French manor comes up for sale in Calgary. And this one is pretty close to the real deal (minus the actual French address). The exact location of this home is not listed, but it is 5 minutes west of Calgary’s city limits on top of a ridge with three acres of land and panaramic views. It’s a gated chateau.
What you get:
- 17,000 square-feet.
- 10 bedrooms with full ensuited bathrooms.
- Plus, three extra powder rooms.
- His and her offices.
- In between those offices is an oval library and a cigar room with special ventilation.
- A home theatre for movie night with a dozen of your closest friends.
- The wine cellar holds 1,250 bottles.
- There’s a walk-in refridgerator near the caterer’s entrance.
- 3 laundry rooms.
- An indoor half basketball court.
- Need more space? There is also a hotel-sized suite, a housekeeper’s suite and two nanny suites above the six-car garage.
- Outside, an antique water fountain bought at an auction in New Orleans pretty much establishes that this home is inspired by the French countryside.
- There are also gardens with hundreds of rose bushes. You can gaze at them and the Rocky Mountain views from your year-round gazebo.
- There is an outdoor kitchen with a La Cornue rotisserie and hydronic heated floors.
- The limestone on the outside came from Kentucky and the brick came from Chicago.
- When you have a home this big and expansive it comes with an elevator (to get you to all four floors), two panic rooms and gated security.
How you can get it:
This home is listed by Corinne Poffenroth and Wynn Alex Carr of Sotheby’s International Realty