After a successful inaugural year, the Made in Alberta Awards are back and bigger than ever. Presented by Avenue magazine, the awards celebrate the ingenuity, creativity and quality of Alberta-made products.
This year, there are some exciting new features. We’ve added three new award categories, bringing the total to 10. The award categories include furnishings and home decor, fashion and accessories, games and leisure, beauty, food (savoury and sweet), drink (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), crafts and unique products.
Another new feature is that one overall winner will receive a grand prize of $5,000 this year. But that’s not the only reason you should consider entering. There are plenty of perks and prizes that make it worth it whether you’re a winner or not.
Here are seven reasons why you should consider entering the 2020 Made in Alberta Awards
1. One overall winner will receive a $5,000 cash prize. All category winners will receive a $1,000 advertising credit with Avenue that can be used in either Avenue Calgary or Edmonton for print or digital advertising. (For use between September 2020 and August 2021, subject to availability.)
2. The overall winner, category winners and up to five runners-up in each category will be featured in the Made in Alberta Awards print coverage in Avenue Calgary and Edmonton magazines in September 2020. With a monthly readership of more than 300,000, that means your product could be exposed to a huge audience. They will also be featured on social media channels and the Made in Alberta Awards website.
3. All eligible entrants will be featured on the Made in Alberta Awards website for the Readers’ Choice Award. The winner of the Readers’ Choice Award will be determined by an online voting process. Last year, nearly 5,000 people voted.
4. Category winners and runners-up will have the opportunity to participate free of charge in our Made in Alberta markets at Southcentre and Kingsway.
5. The judging panel, including editors of Avenue, will review all entries, so you guarantee that your product is seen by experts in your field and the editors of Alberta’s largest lifestyle publication.
6. All eligible entrants will be able to use the Made in Alberta Awards program logo on their entered product and packaging.
7. All entrants will receive 15 per cent off tickets to all Made in Alberta Awards events. In 2019, that included a conference and awards celebration in Calgary. This year, events are planned for both Edmonton and Calgary.