The third annual Made in Alberta Awards are back and better than ever. Presented by Avenue magazine, the awards celebrate the ingenuity, creativity and quality of Alberta-made products.
This year, there are 11 award categories: furnishings and home decor, fashion and accessories, games and leisure, beauty, food (savoury and sweet), drink (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), crafts, unique products and the Amy Willier Award for Indigenous Artisans.
The Amy Willier Award for Indigenous Artisans is a new category in memory of Amy Willier, co-owner of Moonstone Creation, who sadly passed away earlier this year. The category is for Indigenous artisans and Indigenous-owned businesses that make their work in Alberta. It is free to enter and features the same benefits and prizes as the other categories. This is the only category where entrants can enter the same product in one other additional category if they wish.
Once again, one overall winner will receive a grand prize of $5,000 this year. But that’s not the only reason you should consider entering. There are plenty of perks and prizes that make it worth it whether you’re a winner or not.
Here are six reasons you should consider entering the 2021 Made in Alberta Awards
1. One overall winner will receive a $5,000 cash prize.
2. The overall winner and category winners in each category will be featured in the Made in Alberta Awards coverage in Avenue‘s October 2021 print issue. Additionally, the winners and up to five runners-up in each category will be featured in the Made in Alberta magazine that will be distributed throughout Alberta. That means your product could be exposed to a huge audience. The winners and runners-up will also be featured on social media and the Made in Alberta Awards website.
3. All eligible entrants will be featured on the Made in Alberta Awards website for the Readers’ Choice Award. The winner of the Readers’ Choice Award will be determined by an online voting process. Last year, more than 5,000 readers voted.
4. The judging panel, including editors of Avenue, will review all entries, so you guarantee that your product is seen by experts in your field and the editors of Alberta’s largest lifestyle publication.
5. All eligible entrants will be able to use the Made in Alberta Awards program logo on their entered product and packaging.
6. All eligible entrants will receive 15 per cent off tickets to Made in Alberta Awards events.